Active information gathering
Information is gathered in two ways: actively and passively. Just like many websites, MyCompanion.org actively gathers information from visitors through asking questions, offering tools and by giving visitors the possibility of contacting us directly (for example via email). The information provided can be person-related (i.e. information that can be uniquely identifiable to you such as name, address, email and telephone number). It is sometimes necessary for you to provide certain information in order to fully access all benefits (such as the complete functionality of the tools and storing answers in the tools). At the point the information is gathered, you will be provided with additional information regarding which data is required and which is optional.
Passive information gathering
When you navigate through a website, certain information can also be collected passively (i.e. without you actively providing that information) by way of various technological aids such as protocol addresses, cookies, internet labels and navigation data. MyCompanion.org gathers a very limited amount of passive information from you.
-An IP address is a number allocated to your computer by your Internet Service Provider in order to provide you with access to the internet. MyCompanion.org does not use your IP address.
-A cookie is an item of information a website sends to your web browser enabling the site to remember certain information and your preferences from previous visits to that website. Session cookies are temporary cookies that are deleted as soon as you leave the web browser or shut down your computer. Session cookies are used for improving website navigation and collecting statistical data. MyCompanion.org does not use session cookies. Persistent cookies are permanent cookies stored on your computer’s hard drive where they remain unless you delete them. Persistent cookies are used for recalling information previously provided (such as passwords), for identifying which parts of the website are most valuable to visitors and for adjusting the website to your preferences. MyCompanion.org does use persistent cookies to remember your language preference and facilitate your next visit. You can change your browser settings to accept or refuse these cookies. As the means vary from browser to browser, you should visit your browser's Help menu for more information.
- collect information about how you use MyCompanion.org. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come from to the site and the pages they visited. You can opt out of tracking by Google Analytics by visiting:http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en-GB.
- Internet labels (also known as single-pixel GIFs, clear GIFs, invisible GIFs and 1-by-1 GIFs) are smaller than cookies and provide the website server with certain information such as your computer’s IP address and web browser type. MyCompanion.org does not use internet labels.
- Navigation data (log files, server logs and clickstream data) is used for system management, improving the site content, for market research and providing visitors with information. MyCompanion.org does not use navigation data.
Use and provision of information
- answer your questions/requests, for example to send you documents;
- alert you to important changes in using MyCompanion.org or in its policy;
- achieve the objectives set by MyCompanion.org, such as data analysis, audits, and concept and product developments, site improvements, identifying trends and personalising your user-experience.
We disclose the information gathered via MyCompanion.org to:
- our service providers, explicitly to enable them to provide services making MyCompanion possible. Consider in this regard: website hosting, hosting mobile applications, infrastructure provisions, IT services and auditing services.
Finally, we disclose information in situations that Janssen considers necessary or appropriate:
- if it is permitted by local legislation, including regulations in a country you don’t reside;
- to contribute to a judicial process;
- to answer requests from public or government organisations; including organisations in a country you don’t reside;
- to enforce the conditions of use;
- to protect our rights, or to protect the rights of Johnson & Johnson’s affiliates and partners;
- to take appropriate measures in the event of damage or emergencies.
We can also gather or disclose information in other ways; however, we will always ask your permission before doing so.
Choices and access
You can opt to change or remove specific functionalities/information:
- you can change or remove personal information on MyCompanion.org by sending a mail to the email address below;
- receiving reminders: if you no longer wish to receive (medical) reminders please let us know using the email address below.
Period of saving the information
Your data is stored for as long as you are considered an active user of MyCompanion, unless legislation requires us to store the data for longer.
This site is not intended for persons under 18 years of age and we request minors not to use the information and tools on this site.
Access and corrections
To ensure that your personal data is continually accurate, current and complete, we request you inform us of any changes. We will take all reasonable measures to meet every request to update or correct the personal data gathered via the site.
We take all reasonable measures to protect the transfer of personal data to MyCompanion.org as well as protecting this information against loss, misuse or unauthorised access, distribution, changes or destruction. Please be aware that transactions over the internet are never 100% secure or error -free, including sending emails to and from this site. You must be vigilant in respect to which information you send to us via email. You should treat all passwords, identification numbers or other access modalities applicable to this site with confidentiality.
Links to other websites
Any use of our site is subject to the provisions of the Legal Notice.
Janssen Pharmaceutica NV
By phone: +32 14 60 21 11